Thursday, November 17, 2011

Soapboxing...

Most of you already know that Bertha is the character in my book…and my inner voice of wisdom…she just thinks she’s real…I don’t have the heart to tell her differently…and I doubt she’d listen…if I did…she’s usually way too busy telling me what to do…
Not so long ago…I mentioned that I wasn’t even going to attempt something because I just wasn’t good at that kind of thing…
I’m not even certain now what it was about…could have been a lot of things from plumbing…think Red Devil drain cleaner melting the pipes and eating the kitchen floor…then botching the pipes…and then calling the plumber…to baking a cake…who knew that the reason the pound cake recipe didn’t call for self-rising flour was because the eggs made it rise…in my defense…I was only in college at the time
Anyway…the words weren’t even out of my mouth good before Bertha had jumped on a soapbox and proclaimed…
Girlfriend…get over who you were…and be who you are…
She went on to rant and rave…I mean…explain…that we all have regrets…and feelings of limitations that stem from past events and beliefs…the trick is to let go of the past…move into the future…and claim our own personal power…
What can I say…Bertha sure packs a one-two punch…when she soapboxes…if you know what I mean…and…I know I must have been inspired to give whatever it was a try…that’s the only way to get her to shut up
And…since I haven’t called a plumber…or cleaned cake drippings out of the oven elements…it must have worked…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment