Sunday, November 13, 2011

Housework...a Fine Science...

Bertha and I have been talking about Physics lately…and how it relates to my life…particularly…cleaning house…she dug up my old college notes…who knew I was really gonna use any of that stuff…anyway…here’s what she pointed out…
First there was…Newton’s First Law of Motion…it goes like this…a couch potato will remain a couch potato…unless motivated by an outside force…(AKA…Bertha’s boot in the bootie…knocking her off the sofa)…but…once the potato is moving…she will continue moving…unless motivated by another outside force…(AKA…something really good on TV…phone call…snack…good book…bird flying by the window)…
That made a lot of sense to me…and…yes…that’s the exact definition…well…these were my notes…I may have summarized…
Next there was the Law of Random Disproportion…which I can’t find when I Google…probably should have listened better…maybe one of you Physics majors can help me out with that…oh…you don’t read my blog…hmmm…
Anyway…right name or not…it basically said that…it takes less energy for the potato to keep her house neat…than to straighten it when it’s really messy…
And lastly there was something called…Entropy…The Second Law of Thermodynamics…that basically says the potato’s house really wants to be messy…and no matter how many times the potato tidies it…it’s gonna be messy again in seconds…especially if the potato has several little spuds running around…
So basically…here’s the deal…the potato…is gonna lie on the couch…until something motivates her to clean…then once cleaning…she will keep cleaning…until something motivates her to stop…hopefully in the vicinity of the couch…cleaning would be a whole lot easier if the potato could be motivated to clean frequently…but it really doesn’t matter…‘cause the house really wants to be messy anyway…
Well…I think that says it all…now…am I feeling motivated...no...but I suddenly want French Fries…hmmm…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment