Thursday, November 3, 2011

Snug as a Bug...

It’s never that easy for me to get up…but these cooler mornings make it even more challenging…I mean…I’m warm…I’m cozy…and out there…it’s cold…it’s dark…it’s cruel…well…maybe not cruel…but…you get the drift…and yes…it’s dark in the bed as well…but it’s supposed to be…give me a break here…
Bertha was already up, dressed, and drinking coffee…chipper as usual…when she pointed out that I’ve always had a tendency to get stuck in a comfortable place…seems as though I overslept by two weeks before making my premier entrance into this world…(much to Mama’s frustration…I might add)…
But…what can I say…I was warm…I was cozy…
Wow…that is beginning to sound like a pattern...
So…I contemplate…this time from the comfort of the bed…as I eke out those last few moments in my nest…and I realize how easy it is to get stuck in a place that is comfortable…and how staying in the comfortable place is actually very limiting…because it prevents me from experiencing anything else…
I mean think of it…staying in a warm, cozy bed might sound delightful for one cool morning…but I don’t think it is how I want to spend the rest of my life…
I read once that it is good that prevents great…I’m not certain that is how it was worded…and I can’t locate the source…but…the concept is right on…
Bertha says it this way…we’re less likely to go after our dreams when it ain’t that bad where we are now…somehow…I think they are saying the same thing…
Anyway…I’m up…I’m blogging…and I couldn’t be doing that if I’d stayed under the covers…wait…I have a laptop…I have wireless…wonder if I could settle for good just one morning…hmmm…
Have a great day!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment