Monday, November 21, 2011

All I Want for Christmas…Is a Day on the Couch…

I’m sort of a sucker for sappy Christmas movies…and they’ve already started…so…I’ve spent a rainy Sunday afternoon…on the sofa…with a blanket…watching movies…
That almost sounds decadent…there are so many things I could have been doing…should have been doing…or…are there…
Sometimes…what I really need is a break…a time to dream…to believe in the magic of Christmas…in the magic of love…of family…of home…it’s just that I don’t always give myself permission to do it…
So…today…I did…I gave myself full permission…nothing else I needed to do…it’s a short work week…all I really had to do was…just lie there…glued to the TV…
The funny thing is…once I sincerely gave myself permission to omit the to-do list…it no longer seemed so daunting…and little by little…things started to happen during commercials…soup was made…the kitchen was cleaned…the floor was swept…
And I’ve still kept up with the movies…and yes…Christmas is saved every time…just in the Nick of time…by Santa’s daughter…that seemed to be a theme for the day…
Now…the blog is written…the coffee pot is ready for an early morning wake-me-up…and I’m going back to the sofa…until heading for bed…couldn’t have asked for a better afternoon…
Jane

3 comments:

  1. It was pretty great...but I could have found time for a cup of tea with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm that does sound decadent... You're my inspiration for giving myself one of those days this coming Sunday. After a fun - but frenzied - week of friends and family, it'll be a nice welcome treat :)

    ReplyDelete