Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Smell My Feet...

Okay…I’m that house…the one without a jack-o-lantern…the one with the lights off…the one with the blinds closed…the one without candy…Bertha said I am a Halloween Scrooge…
But…in fairness to me…I live in an off the main path neighborhood…with all grownups…we just don’t get trick-or-treaters…well maybe a random one…but for the most part…nada…
Megan...A really good witch!
So I decided…not for the first time…to not participate…for one thing…I tend to eat all the leftover candy…well…that’s a good excuse…I’m cutting back…
Anyway…the interesting thing is…that even though I wasn’t expecting anyone to come…I couldn’t enjoy my evening…every time I heard a car…I wondered if they were coming to my door…and if I should say I had no candy…or offer a piece of my private collection of Dark Chocolate...(so much for the cutting back defense)…I kept looking out the window…I was tense…

Bailey...Definitely worth climbing a tower to see!
Bertha laughed at me…she was dressed as Dorothy...ruby high-heeled slippers and all…of course she would dress up…she said I was just proving Mark Twain right…you know…I am an old man and have known a great many troubles…but most of them never happened

I’d love to say that I’ve learned my lesson…that next year I’ll relax…and buy a small bag of candy…but who knows…a lot can happen in a year…
Now…just as an added note…I would have answered the door for my adorable granddaughters…if they just weren’t an eleven hour drive away!
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment