Thursday, November 24, 2011

Do the Trot…Do the Turkey Trot…

Jennifer in the Let's Get Sauced shirt...2011
There’s a phenomena sweeping our county this very morning…the annual Turkey Trot…actually trots…because they are everywhere…I have a daughter participating in one in Memphis…another near Orlando…a friend in Pennsylvania…


And while the logistics of the races probably differ…the purpose is pretty much the same…run a 3 or 5K…so you can eat a delightful Thanksgiving dinner…with less guilt…
Personally…I’ve never participated…considered walking it last year…but my achy, breaky body wasn’t in the mood…so I minded the turkey in the oven instead…oh…and I took the post-race picture…Let’s Get Sauced…clever slogan…don’t cha think?
I didn’t take the pre-race photo of Sarah and the girls in their turkey caps that she made them…look closely…those round things over the ears are actually drum sticks…
Sarah with Megan and Bailey pre-race 2011
All this festivity makes me want to participate…of course…we aren’t having one close by…that I know of…but it’s okay…Bertha says…I don’t have to Turkey Trot to get a bit of exercise…and she’s right…it’s supposed to be a beautiful day…a walk in the sunshine might be nice…and what a wonderful time to contemplate all the things that I am truly thankful for…


 Happy Thanksgiving…one and all…
Jane




2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... am I the friend in PA?!? LOL!!! Our Turkey Trot was awesome.

    And, yeah, I feel a little less guilty about my BIG dinner later ;)

    So Thankful for our connection Jane - much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn...none other than you! I'm glad you had fun. I took a walk...what an awesome day to be out! Enjoy your guilt free meal!!!!

    ReplyDelete