Friday, November 25, 2011

Of Mice and Kings...

I’m sitting at the desk and I’m writing…and it isn’t even going in a blog…well…it might…things like that do happen…but who knows…maybe…just maybe…I’m just writing because I want to…because it’s morning…because I have coffee…because…I can…
And…isn’t that freeing…there doesn’t have to be a purpose for everything…the house doesn’t have to be cleaned just for company…the china doesn’t have to be saved for holiday dinners…the good underwear can be worn everyday…well…not every day…but…as often as it is clean…mine’s in the dryer now…TMI…sorry…
Ahh…that saving it for someday…I’ve been doing it all my life…that and it’s cousin…waiting for someday…
I came by it honestly…I remember my Granny…we used to give her nightgowns for Christmas…and she’d put them away…never wear them…save them…in case she had to go to the hospital…she died at age 97 or 98…having only been in the hospital maybe three times in her whole life...with a drawer full of…really-oldbrand-new…nightgowns…
That reminds me of a story in Bertha-Size Your Life called Mouse Ears…Bertha…on her way to Disney…is already sporting her mouse ears…when I ask her why…she says something to the effect of…to wait until she gets there to start to have fun…is the waste of a 12-hour trip
That must be what she’s trying to tell me today…since I had no idea what I was going to write about when I sat down here…
She’s reminding me that life is too long…and boring…and unhappy…when I put off having fun until I get there…wherever or whatever there may be…
Okay…I get it…I’m headed to Memphis for the day…do ya’ll think the King will like my mouse ears…
Then again…I wouldn’t want to mess them up…maybe I should save them for my next trip to Orlando…
Bertha…stop hitting me on the head with the mouse ears…now you are gonna mess them up…geez…what is your problem…
Jane

4 comments:

  1. Wear those ears and have a fantastic day :) I am through waiting myself. Somebody else needs to take the wheel away from me and I think he can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on the right path! Honestly...I didn't wear the ears...but I did have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I can picture Bertha hitting you with the ears!!!!!! But she is right. I too have to learn to stop waiting for the right moment to use something. I have "good" clothes that I don't wear because I don't go any place. What harm would there be in gardening or mowing in my lavender blouse? I think I bought 4 of them on clearance. Might as well use one!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt' it the truth...I used to think my Grandmother was so silly for saving those gowns...until I realized how much I do the same thing...just different ways...

      Enjoy those lavender blouses...

      Delete