Monday, February 27, 2012

Promises…Revisited…

Joys are like stray cats…the more you feed them…the more you get…
Bertha
Yesterday…I wrote about promises kept…and I believe that keeping promises…especially to myself is vital…to my overall wellbeing…but…there’s a flipside to yesterday’s post…and that is…my Mama’s sage advice…don’t make promises I can’t keep…
Like a kid in a candy store…my eyes are often bigger than my stomach…okay…not really…I know my stomach is way bigger…I have a mirror…it’s just an expression…geez…anyway…my intentions…my promises…are often bigger than my capabilities…AKA…my energy level…
Yesterday was an awesome day…I made no promises…I just did things…I felt great…about nine o’clock…as I took the third load of clothes out of the dryer…I realized…I felt good…I mean totally…I felt good…
My next realization was…I couldn’t remember the last time that I had felt that way…no underlying headache or fuzziness…no fatigue…all things that I have since my Chiari surgery…and…I know…it was over a year ago…get over it already…and trust me…I want to…and…it is so much better than even six months ago…
Bertha’s recommendation…make the most of it…enjoy it to the fullest…she didn’t even hit me with the skillet…and…I did…I got so much accomplished…and…even visited with a dear friend…it was a beautiful day…I didn’t want it to end…
Part of the beauty of the day was…my realization…that my lack of accomplishment on many days…has nothing to do with being lazy…it is so easy to convince myself that laziness is the culprit…it is so easy to blame myself…when in fact…that just isn’t true…
My take away from this…make realistic promises…to myself…basing them on how I feel…not what I think the world thinks I should do…peer pressure rears its ugly head
Today…I woke up with a headache…I’m tired…and…although…I’ll do what I need to do…I’m glad I did the laundry…and vacuumed…and all those other things…yesterday…because…today…I’m making no promises…
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Nothing finer than flying pink piggies..

    Tax... that's a horrid word..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosalind...I couldn't agree with you more...thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete