Friday, February 3, 2012

Joy Spots…

There’s something in every day to celebrate…to be happy about…at least…that’s what Bertha says…she calls them Joy Spots…and says they are everywhere…if you look…
Yesterday, I forgot to look…
It was one of those crazy days…there should have been a full moon…Mercury should have been retrograde…but…they weren’t…
I started out needing gas…pulled into the pump…slid my card…pushed the premium grade of gas…oops…no problem…I’d cancel…pump didn’t like that…evidently it wasn’t aware that a woman has the prerogative to change her mind…it didn’t know what to do…it froze…requiring me to collect my purse and keys…go inside…stand in line…to ask the attendant to reset the pump…
Squeaking into work…barely early…I started my computer…entering my email password…you got it…it didn’t like it…didn’t realize a woman can make a mistake…took forever to settle down and let me enter the right password…
The tone was set…
It’s funny…actually it’s not…but…it’s funny…your kids can always tell when you’re frazzled…and do everything they can to frazzle you a bit more…it’s no different working in a school…there are just a lot more of them to jump up and down on that last nerve…yep…they used it as a trampoline…
Mercifully…the last bell rang…
On to Wally World…to buy a mini refrigerator for my office…Mama on her way to meet me to load it in her vehicle…wait at the service desk…get someone to help load it…arrive at the isle…can you see what’s coming here…do you need a drum roll…I didn’t think so…they were out…would have some on Saturday…but…Decatur had three…
Call Mama…go to Decatur instead…stand in line at the service desk…get someone to help me load it…get to the isle…where…they had a nice selection…I chose white…with no more hitches…it was loaded in the vehicle…
I visited with Mama a bit…then drove home…exhausted…Bertha was waiting…I think she’d been hanging around all day…I had just been ignoring her…
She started pointing to the Joy Spots of my day…which started with yesterday’s blog…it was definitely a joy to remember such a delightful lady…and that time in my life…
She pointed to the vase of buttercups on my counter…straight from Granny’s…
She steered me in the direction of the mirror…good hair day…hey…nothing to sneeze at…they don’t come that often…
She reminded me of the nice visit I had with Mama…that I wouldn’t have had if we’d just met at Wally World and she’d gone home…
She reminded me of the little kids at school…who reached for a hug when I saw them in the hall…and the big kids…who grinned…and had something funny to say…
She had a lot to say…there were at least a Dalmatian full of joy spots I’d overlooked…I went to bed…tired…but happy…
But…I’m glad I don’t need gas this morning…just saying…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment