Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Much Ado about Everything…

I keep getting messages…from a magazine article…an inspirational email…a youtube video…revolving around…not worrying about what other people think of you…
Now…I’d like to plead innocent…say that I don’t worry about what others think…but…in all honesty…I do…
I guess…I was just raised that way…it wasn’t so much about being right or wrong…it was…what would the neighbors think…what would the family think…what would the Preacher think…not necessarily in that order…
I’ve lived my life…trying to be acceptable…albeit…a little off kilter…okay…a lot off kilter…okay…not even close to kilter…whatever kilter is anyway…
You may have done the same…I’d be willing to bet that many of you have…
So…I’m thinking…what would today look like…if we all just did what we do…wore what we wore…ate what we ate…danced when we danced…laughed when we laughed…cried when we cried…wrote what we wrote…without a concern for what someone else might think…
I’m thinking…it’d be a pretty good day…Bertha’s sitting at the computer...dancing…to…I Heard it Through the Grapevine…like nobody’s watching…and really…she doesn’t care if they are…so…why should I…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment