Saturday, December 31, 2011

When Intentions Collide…Julie and Julia Provide…

Okay…technically…it’s still 2011…but I really wanted to get a jump start on my 2012 intention…
I spent yesterday…getting ready to live fully today…I joined a new gym…convinced that as the one year anniversary of surgery arrives…I have the stamina to exercise again…I took paintings to be framed…bought cloth napkins for my newly gifted frog napkin rings…I planned my to-do list for today…
But…alas…my body evidently knows that it is indeed the last day of 2011…not yet the first of 2012…
The cold I’ve been attempting to ignore…another…most likely re-gifted…Christmas present…is making itself well known…and reminding me…being gentle with me…isn’t going away…just because I’m enjoying life to the fullest
I’m attempting to reconcile the two…listening to my sniffling body…while fully enjoying a day in my PJs…watching Julie & Julia…on TV…and interestingly…there are no accidents…it seems to be exactly the movie I need to encourage me…and keep me in balance…
I’m reminded…that I must follow my passion…but…at the same time…respect my everyday existence…for it is from that existence…that my passion flows…
I’m reminded…to keep going…to keep writing…even when I don’t know where…it will take me…for I am going exactly where I need to go…
I am reminded…that food is truly more than nourishment for the body…it can…and should be nourishment for the soul as well…and should be savored…not swallowed without thinking…
I am reminded that there is more than one way…some doors will close…and others will open…
Interestingly…I feel a little better…may even accomplish a few of those to-do items…but…they seem of little consequence now…the urgency is gone…as I gently enjoy life to the fullest
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment