Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Put Down the Fork…Step Away from the Cheesecake…

Admit it…Quit it…Forget it…Kate
Seems Bertha took the day off yesterday…I thought that meant I was getting the day off as well…but not to worry…she made sure I’d get a lesson…she’s thoughtful like that…geez…
Anyway…unbeknownst to me…with Bertha away…Kate would play…she was subbing at work today…I hadn’t seen her in a while…so after hugs and niceties…I jokingly asked for advice…and she seriously gave it…I didn’t even have a problem in mind…or at least…I didn’t think I did…
Funny thing is…she picked up right where Bertha left off…not sure how that happened…not sure I want to know…
Anyway…she asked if I could do that…and I said that I didn’t think I would quit it…so I couldn’t forget it…but I would admit it…we laughed…still not talking about anything in particular…I went back to work…
But…as we know…she said that to me for a reason…something I still need to learn…so…I had to contemplate it…I seem to keep getting letting go messages from all directions…what did this one mean…
Eating immediately came to mind…my eating habits have changed…and not for the better…since my surgery earlier this year…and I really do want to get back to healthy eating habits…I just haven’t gotten there yet…
I can admit I overeat…but…I don’t seem to quit…and I certainly don’t forget…in fact…I’m still berating myself for that second bottle…the one I really didn’t need…but it was so good and warm that I kept crying until Mama gave it to me…when I was six-months old…
Okay…maybe not…but…you get the picture…I don’t forget my overindulgences…in fact…I bring them up to the point that I feel really crummy…and then…overeat to feel better…then fuss at myself again…hmmm…is there a pattern developing…
So it’s not the piece of cheesecake that makes me gain weight…it’s the remorse…guilt…shame…blame…that leads to a second…third…the whole darn thing…that honestly contributes to the bottom line
According to Kate’s advice…I’d admit that I ate the cheesecake…I’d quit at that point…then I’d forget…forgive…move on…back to the carrot sticks…no foul…no harm…just a few extra calories…hmmm…
I’m thinking that it’s worth a try…‘cause what I’ve been doing ain’t working…what’ve I got to lose…other than some guilt and a few pounds…okay…several pounds…okay…a ton of pounds…geez…you’re pickier than Bertha
And speaking of Bertha…she may be able to take a few more days off…as long as Kate’s around…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment