Monday, December 12, 2011

A Fist Full of Presents…

When hands are fists…ears don’t hearBertha
Now…I’m not sure about the medical validity of the statement…but it does bring to mind the only fight I’ve ever tried to break-up…and she’s right…my demands that they…stop it right now…only got me kicked in the leg…
Okay…so…note to self…don’t try to break-up fights…their ears don’t work…but their feet still do…just saying…
Bertha reminds me…that I don’t have to be fighting to make fists and close my ears…she says I do it when I’m angry…when I’m certain that I am right…when I’m self-righteous…when I blame…when I criticize…when I won’t let go…
I try to argue with her…an exercise in futility at its finest…I’m not that way…I’m working on it…I do the Forgiveness Prayer…I send thoughts of love…peace…and wellbeing…to my fellow man…
For once…it looked like she was going to let me win…she said…don’t sweat itlet’s go shopping…well…folks…it’s two weeks before Christmas…you know what the stores are like…
You got it…before the cash registered jingled three times…I had metaphorically become deaf…couldn’t hear a thing…
Okay…she proved her point…but…I don’t want to be that wayI am working on it…I will continue to say the Forgiveness Prayer…I will continue to send thoughts of love…peace…and wellbeing…to my fellow man…and even that woman that stole my parking place
But…just to be on the safe side…I think I’ll finish my shopping on line…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment