Monday, December 5, 2011

Super Blogger...Strikes Again...

By day…she is an humble School Nurse…by night and early morning…Super Blogger…exploring unknown worlds…armed only with words…letters and punctuation…she is skilled in the use of a semicolon…hyperboles are no match for her…she scales the highest similes like a cat with a climbing gear…
And yet…she can’t come up with a thing to say…funny how that happens…some days it’s easy…the words almost type themselves…and others…well…they just don’t flow at all…
Honestly…my writing often takes its own turn…I start out in one direction…and suddenly…I’m in a totally different place than I had intended…but usually one that is much better…
Bertha says…that’s how it goes in life…I have a direction all plotted…I think it is where I want to go…and something comes along and gets me off course…I whine…I complain…I stomp my feet…and then suddenly…find myself in a unfamiliar place…one I never even imagined…but then I realize…it is exactly where I need to be…
I guess that’s what she’s been trying to tell me this afternoon…as I sat at the keyboard…typing around in circles…type…highlight…delete…type…highlight…delete…not getting anything meaningful on the page…I’m trying too hard…I’m forcing it…when all I had to do…was let it flow…quit trying to make it do what I thought it had to do…
Hmmm…sounds like contemplation chair time…contemplation image…thoughts…like leaves…fluttering in the wind…landing where they will
Jane

2 comments:

  1. "all I had to do…was let it flow…quit trying to make it do what I thought it had to do…"

    Amen. This is the story of my life these days... all this uncovering of essential self and trusting what you hear, and letting things flow... well - it's hard work darn it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn...I don't know why that is the hardest thing to do...maybe it's the lesson we're all meant to learn...

    ReplyDelete