Friday, December 30, 2011

My Best Intentions…

Okay…so I’m supposed to be writing…but…it’s been a while…and my fingers don’t seem to work just right…or…write…or…maybe…just maybe…it is my brain that isn’t working…or…more honestly…I think it is my heart…
I do try to write from my heart…but…it is full…full of the sadness of the week…full of love and support…full of new memories with grandbabies and daughters…full of memories of the past…full of hope for the future…
The only thing is…when it’s really full…it’s like an overtired baby…it’s cranky…it can’t quite settle down…there’s no soothing…it’s not quite sure what it wants…what words want to come out first…second…never…
I want to work out my thoughts for the New Year…for 2012…what is my intention for the year…I long ago gave up the traditional resolution…the claiming of things to give up for the year…has proven to be a setup for failure…no…I find it much more productive to set an intention…an overall feeling…theme for the year…and…let it evolve as it will…
This year’s was…treating me gently…and…truly…I struggled with that one…learning to listen to my body…and…more importantly…to abide by what it was telling me…learning to trust the wisdom from within…has been challenging…and…I’m still a work in progress…still catching myself in an inner diatribe…still criticizing my limits…but…I have made progress…I have found practices that are sustaining me…I am writing again…I am healing with the forgiveness prayer…I am calming with Reiki…I have a network of loving, supportive people in my life…
Now…as 2012 approaches…my intention is…to live fully…I’m not certain of all the nuances of that…I know that it means to fully engage with the moment…whatever the activity of that moment may be…I hope it means…more activity…physically…socially…I hope it means…opening my heart and life to more…I hope it means feeling good…and having more energy…
I’m not sure exactly what it means…but…I think it will be interesting to see how this intention plays out…what shows up…what moves on…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment