Thursday, October 27, 2011

T'was the Week before Payday...

And all through the house…
No one was spending…
Not even the spouse…(yours…not mine…it rhymed…okay…geez)
The purse strings were tightened…
Secured with a knot…
Hoping no bill was somehow forgot…
Working for the school system has come with some adjustments…one of them is getting paid once a month…the cool thing is…almost magically…all of my bills come due right at payday…so…I pay all the bills for the month…and then live off of what’s left.
Simple…right? Usually…but not always. Occasionally I find that there is more month than money…and although…technically there is still some money in the bank…I really don’t want to spend any more than I have to…just in case…so I tighten the purse strings…and make-do as my Mama would say…
Of course…Bertha points out that there is an upside to not going to the grocery store for a few days…I get to be creative in my cooking…and the pantry and freezer get cleaned out…think Cornbreadgate
I also start to look at needs and wants in a different light…what…there are only four dishwasher tablets left…panic…Bertha points out that I only run it once a week…ahhh…a month’s worth left…
What…only six garbage bags…Bertha again points out that I only use two a week…ahhh…I’ll make it…
What…almost out of tea bags…Bertha points out that it’s okay…I mostly drink water…
What…only two rolls of toilet paper…later…gator…Bertha and I are on the way to see Mr. Whipple…we’ve gotta squeeze some Charmin…some things can't be left to chance!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment