Monday, October 10, 2011

Beep, Beep!

Acme…admit it…the word reminds you of Wile E. Coyote…and his never ending pursuit to catch the Road Runner. The Acme box would arrive…and he’d be blowing up something…usually himself…but never…ever…the Road Runner.
Bertha and I were reminiscing about those good old days of wholesome cartoons…although perhaps a coyote with a dynamite plunger really isn’t that wholesome…but I digress…when she floored me with an insight.
Seems to Bertha…we are all a bit villainous ourselves…continuingly trying the same old tricks and never getting the wanted results. Opening Acme boxes of the latest weight loss gimmicks…only to have the pounds blow up in our faces. Watching the same movies, reading the same books…only to continue to think the same thoughts. Thinking the same thoughts…only to find we feel the same. Dating the same type of man…believing that this one will be different…only to end up alone and confused. Maxing out our credit cards…thinking this month I’ll pay them off…only to end up further in debt.
Well…she said a whole lot more than that…we are talking about Bertha…she said Albert Einstein was probably thinking about us when he defined insanity…doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Of course she had recommendations on how we can regain our sanity…and change our results…
Try something different…get off the sofa and take a walk in the fresh air…read a different type of book…Bertha-Size Your Life does come to mind…try a new food…(but she slapped my hand when I reached for a new brand of caramel candy at the store…hey she should have been more specific)…join a new group…volunteer…smile…spend some time getting to know yourself…set a budget and follow it…leave the lounge lizards at the lounge…better yet…stop going to the lounge…her list was endless…but I think you get the picture…
Thankfully, all of those weren’t directed at me…and hopefully not at you, either…but once Bertha gets on a roll…there’s not much stopping her…best to let her ramble…
I’m still thinking about that caramel candy…maybe I could sneak out and get some without her knowing…what do you think…insanity?
Jane

2 comments:

  1. I think Bertha was definitely talking to me. Thanks for relaying the message Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie...Thanks...I just write what I'm told...if Bertha could type...I'd be out of a job!

    ReplyDelete