Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This Little Piggy…Lost Its Toe Ring…

But…it still ate some pie…
After all…it was a piggy…
Funny…how much of my identity is connected to a 2mm silver band on the second toe of my left foot…it’s just who I am…I’m the woman who wears a toe ring…doesn’t matter if no one sees it…I know it’s there…
My daughter thinks it’s gross…I don’t care…it’s just who I am…
I don’t think I’m trying to set a fashion statement…and definitely not a social statement…I just like it…it’s just who I am…I’ve worn one for about 15 years…I don’t feel quite like me without one…
I think the reason I love a toe ring…is that it isn’t always changing beyond my control…like my graying hair…like my wrinkles…my weight…yes…maybe I could control it…but this is my blog…so I’ll say I can’t
A toe ring is my constant…my reminder of who I am at my core…still young at heart in an aging body…
The first one lasted the longest…almost 12 years…including slipping off at the beach…and being found the next day by some nice man with a metal detector…it finally slipped off…when I was doing yard work work…shortly after I moved in this house…never to be seen again…
The second one lasted almost 2 years…it slipped off during a pedicure and the guy ran over it with his chair…crunch…he didn’t even apologize…or offer to pay for it…I never went back…
Number three has the shortest track record yet…less than a year…I just noticed that it wasn’t there when I went to bed last night…I checked under the sheets…in socks…under sofa cushions…but…I fear it’s down the drain…literally…
I’ll give it a few days…before I order a new one…just in case this one still shows up…in the meantime…
Oh me…oh my…
I could cry…
But…I think I’ll eat more pie…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment