Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feeling Toasty…

I feel I have to revisit the subject of the demise of the toaster oven…
What I failed to mention previously…was that it was working fine until I accidently unplugged it…then when I plugged it back in…the outside felt warm…but the elements wouldn’t heat…I assumed an electrical malfunction…I unplugged it…for safety’s sake…
But…I re-plugged it several times…hoping against hope…no toast…
So…I blogged about it…I admitted to the world…I should have loved it better…even if it was a bit scorched…and didn’t match my cabinetry and other appliances as well as I would have like…I was duly remorseful…
Yesterday morning as I was about to bite the bullet…and lovingly place the toaster oven in that big brown can that takes things away…I moved the George Forman Mini Grill from its perch on top of the toaster oven…and noticed it’s cord…hmmm…could it be…
Yes…it could…
I separated the cords…I sat the Mini Grill over to the side…I plugged in the toaster oven…
Wa La…toast…
Bertha is still laughing at me…me…I am just delighted that it is working…giving it hugs and kisses…and telling it how much I appreciate it…
What prompted me to consider the switched cords…call it Bertha…call it women’s intuition…call it stubbornness…I don’t care…just call me for toast…
Jane

2 comments:

  1. TOAST! Love it! I especially love that your intuition told you to give it another go... that intuition... never steers us wrong - even in matters of toast!

    ReplyDelete