Thursday, January 19, 2012

A’Rested…

It’s been a busy week…at least for me…the life potato…I won’t bore you with all the details…mostly because…it doesn’t sound like that much when I put it on paper…and I don’t want you to laugh at me…when you compare that to your really busy lives…
Bertha getting ready for a bedtime snack
Anyway…when I sat down last night to write the blog…I was really tired…and nothing much happened…so…I asked Bertha what I should write about…the answer was rest...
I didn’t think she meant for me to write about it…I thought she meant to do it…so I did…I closed things down…got up from the computer…and went to bed…I did not go past GO…did not collect $200…but…I did brush my teeth…and wash my face…some things have to happen…and…now…I’m wishing I’d collected $200…I didn’t know that was an option…hmmm…
Anyway…I went right to sleep…and although I didn’t sleep all night…what woman over the age 40 does…I don’t think I got up at all…proving that I needed to rest…
Which has me up…bright and early…writing
Bertha says it’s all about being flexible…about…not getting set in my ways…about realizing that some days I’ll feel like writing in the evening…some days I’ll need to go to bed even earlier than normal…some mornings I’ll want to write…some…sleep in…if you call 4:00 sleeping in
She says that I have a tendency to get a little…translate…a lot…set in my ways…and that is a sure-fired way to stifle creativity…
And…she’s right…I have to admit…I do tend to get rigid…set in my ways…and then…the words don’t flow…the ideas don’t come…man…I hate when she’s right…
Now…I have to make the bed…my schedule is all off…I hope that means I’ll have some really good ideas for tomorrow!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment