Saturday, May 5, 2012

Where Have All the Dresses Gone…


This morning…I wanted to sit on my porch…and…I really didn’t want to get dressed…but…I really didn’t want sit out in my nightgown…either…not…that anybody could really see me…not like most of my neighbors were even up…well…except for one neighbor…who brings her dog out early…and…can see my side porch from her yard…so…I guess it was for her…that I decided to get dressed…
As I poked through my closet…I didn’t find a thing to meet my needs…it was then I remembered…those dresses that I used to have…that my friend referred to as…indoor-outdoor dresses…loose…baggy…not requiring foundation undergarments…just as comfy as a nightgown…but…a little more respectable…when answering the door…or venturing out for the mail…
A sense of nostalgia swept across me…not unlike the wind blowing tumbleweeds across the plains…where had all my…indoor-outdoor dresses…gone…I knew I didn’t have them anymore…but…I dug…in the bottom of drawers…just in case…only to come up…with painting shorts…and…a lab coat…leftover from my hospital days…and…I continued to remember…housedresses…muumuus…dusters…none of which were in my closest…
I settled on wearing…baggy shorts…and…a baggier tee…they served the purpose…sans foundation undergarments…but…somehow they just aren’t the same…I want nostalgia…I want an indoor-outdoor dress…and…I think…I just might look for one…today…but...that would require...undergarments...hmmm...
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment