Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Swim Dress Ready…


I got an email today…from a health and fitness magazine…touting that I could be bikini ready in…four weeks…I deleted it…
Now…I hate to sound negative…but…come on…I’ve never been bikini ready…not even when I had the body for it…actually…way back in the day…Mama wouldn’t even let me have a two-piece…much less a bikini…I think I got my first two-piece…maybe my senior year in high school…and trust me…it wasn’t skimpy…and…I could count the number I’ve had since then…on my fingers…probably on one hand…
So…it got me to wondering…if I were young…and…thin…today…would I still be too self-conscious to wear a bikini…probably…but…I’ve digressed from what was originally on my mind…
The article…                                                         
I have to wonder…how could anyone who was actually…overweight…and…out of shape…be bikini ready in four weeks…I mean…think about it…on a reasonable diet…I could expect to lose a maximum of 10 pounds…in a month…and…with a really dedicated workout schedule…I could tone some…but…not from flab to washboard abs…
So…I’m thinking…this program…is a lot like that book that I bought last summer…that claimed…you could look thinner without losing weight…all you had to do was wear…a full spanx body armor…not sure how that would look in a bathing suit…oh…but…wait…if you were more than 10 pounds overweight…you’d better diet…
So…maybe the article should have read…if you are within three pounds of your goal weight…and…reasonably in shape…you can be bikini ready in four weeks…for the rest of you…better luck next year…and…here’s a link…for swim dresses…
Which then reminds me of the best title…other than…Bertha-Size Your Life!...that I ever saw…I Know why the Manatee SwimsNaked (I’ve Shopped for Bathing Suits, Too)…it just kinda sums it all up…doesn’t it…
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth Hurley, a late 90s model who has a knock-out figure, has opened up a swim wear designer collection line last April 2005. Now she has been constantly on the go to promote her swim wear designs, carefully going through the same set of marketing and advertising strategies as her competitors and colleagues.
    homecoming dresses

    ReplyDelete