Friday, April 27, 2012

Go Small…or…Stay Home…


You may remember…I ordered a juicer…last week…it didn’t come until yesterday…so…I haven’t had the time…to check it all out…but…since…I was in the mood to get healthy…quickly…in the meantime…I read a book…about eating mostly veggies…and fruit…the goal being…to eat a pound of raw veggies…a pound of cooked veggies…and…at least a cup of beans…every day…
Well…it sounded healthy to me…all those antioxidants…all those phytonutrients…I’d probably never need to take a supplement…again…so…in I jumped…
Here’s what I learned…and…yes…you probably saw this one coming…my stomach wasn’t ready to go from a fairly normal diet…including a fair amount of roughage…to what felt like…a ton of fiber…in one day…just think about it…do you know how much salad it takes to weigh a pound…well…it’s a big…big…bowl…it would take...Peter Rabbit...and his whole family...to eat it all...and...there might be leftovers...
Bertha…laughed…as I cramped…and…camped…in the bathroom…because I’d obviously…forgotten…her…First Rule of Change…Go Small
Now…I don’t know how I could have forgotten…she’s been…harping…I mean…reminding me of it…for years now…and…I must say…I have seen it work wonders in my life…
It works for me…because…like…my stomach…I tend to get overwhelmed…out of sorts…by…sudden huge shifts…in my status quo…even…if it’s a good change…wanted…healthy…
So…I backed off…oh…I have continued to eat the healthy stuff…just in much smaller quantities…and…by…letting my body tell me…the amounts that it wants…and…I promise…it’s nowhere near a pound…
Well…I don’t know if I’m…healthy…yet…but…I do know that my stomach is settling down…and…honestly…for now…that’s all that I’m worried about…
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Watch " Whole Body Health " on RTV, and they say to restore your energy by eating every 4 hrs, so divide those portions of beans or vegetables accordingly then it will give yourself time to digest. I got cramped doing the same thing you did, so a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana...thanks for the advice...I do eat every 3-4 hours...and...I've modified a bit...so...I'm still getting good stuff...but maybe less of it...until I get used to it...LOL...

      Thanks for visiting...

      Delete