Monday, April 9, 2012

Are You Barking at Me…

See the dog at the bottom...
Yesterday…the dogs from the house behind me went nuts barking…just when I was making breakfast…looking out the kitchen window…I quickly say the cause…a lovely calico cat…walking across the top of my back fence…
Interestingly…the cat walked across the back of the fence…then started down the side…but…just stopped…sat down…turned towards the dogs…three of them I believe…giving them a look…that only a cat can manage…
Honestly…I had meant to eat outside…but…decided to stay in the house instead…not that it was quiet in there…not that mere brick and mortar…could…muffle the sound…of three hounds…bellowing at a cat on a fence…no…mostly…I didn’t want to interrupt their little stalemate…
Bertha…pointed out…that there was merely a difference of opinions…going on…
First…the dogs…thought they had a cat treed…they thought they were in charge…they’d done a good job…they were calling their master to come with his gun…hunting at its finest…
Secondly…the cat…knew she was in charge…she knew the dogs were behind a fence…and couldn’t get to her…and…so…she tortured them…here I am boys…you can’t get me…bark all you wantI’ll just sit here
Anyway…for the rest of the story…after about ten minutes…of continued howling…I’d had enough…I went outside…armed…with a camera…and…took some pictures…
The cat…sat and posed…the dogs…one by one…moseyed on down their fence…and the barking stopped…it was then…that the cat hopped down…and made her way across the empty lot…going wherever she was going in the first place…looking back occasionally…still knowing…she was in charge…
I told…Bertha… the dogs reminded me of her…always mouthing off about something…
She hit me with the skillet…I guess…she had a different opinion…
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment